- Section 1: The Registered Insurance Act, Regulations, and By-Laws exam (20 Multiple Choice)
- Section 2: RIBO Form 1 – Position Report (15 Marks)
- 75% in Each Section; and
- 75% Overall
Please see section below.
Eligibility: Please review the eligibility criteria for this exam carefully. To qualify for the Accelerated Management Exam an individual must meet one of the following criteria:
- Non-Ontario residents: Individuals must hold a level 3 license in another province; or,
- Ontario residents: Individuals must hold a RIBO Unrestricted Technical or FSRA OTL license and have completed the CAIB designation or CIP designation (including C132) and have a minimum of 2 years working experience as an insurance broker/agent; or
- Does not currently hold an agent/broker license: Individuals should have a minimum of four years Management experience working in another capacity with either an Insurance Company or Managing General Agent. Any unlicensed individuals must receive approval from the Policy, Licensing, & Standards Department (formerly the Qualification and Registration Department) and can request approval by emailing a copy of their resume and copies of any insurance designations to email@example.com
If you are unsure if you qualify for the exam, please email a copy of your resume and copies of any insurance designations to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
Virtually proctored online exams are a convenient option from the comfort of your home or any private space with an internet connection. Exams are conducted on two platforms—TopClass, where the exam is hosted, and ProctorU, where a virtual proctor monitors your exam. Proctors observe exams via webcam and troubleshoot any technical issues should they arise. All online exams are recorded, and unusual behaviour is flagged. Here’s a short video explaining the exam process. Details on how to book your virtual proctor and test your system prior to the exam are emailed following registration.
Proctor RequirementIt’s the exam taker’s responsibility to secure a virtual proctor through ProctorU for all online exams. Your specific exam start time will be determined during this process. Detailed instructions will be emailed following registration.
- Personal laptop or computer with the capability to download software (a ProctorU Browser Extension)
- A personal laptop or computer with a single monitor (computers with 2 or more monitors aren’t permitted)
- Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Functioning microphone, speaker and camera (headset mics aren’t permitted)
- High-speed internet—a connection failure or interruption will interfere with your exam
- Do not connect through a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Number of AttemptsIf you fail your RIBO 1 exam, you’re eligible to rewrite a second time by following the standard registration process. After two failed attempts, you’re ineligible to rewrite your exam for 8 months following your second attempt.
Permissible Tools to Use During Exam:
- Four Function Calculator (on the computer)
To Registercreate an account.Sign in using your IBAO Member ID. If you don’t have a Member ID, ask your hiring manager to have you added to their IBAO employee roster or