- 3 Hours
- Insurance Concepts, Principles + Practices (20 Multiple Choice)
- Case Study (60 Narrative Marks)
- Forms Recognition (20 Narrative Marks)
- 60% in Each Section
- 75% Overall
- Failure to obtain the passing grade in each section will require a rewrite of all three sections.
- Active RIBO 1 License
- Employment at a Brokerage
Now Accepting RIBO Level II Unrestricted Technical Exam Registrations
Virtually proctored online exams are a convenient option from the comfort of your home or any private space with an internet connection. Exams are conducted on two platforms—TopClass, where the exam is hosted, and ProctorU, where a virtual proctor monitors your exam. Proctors observe exams via webcam and troubleshoot any technical issues should they arise. All online exams are recorded, and unusual behaviour is flagged. Here’s a short video explaining the exam process. Details on how to book your virtual proctor and test your system prior to the exam are emailed following registration.
It’s the exam taker’s responsibility to secure a virtual proctor through ProctorU for all online exams. Your specific exam start time will be determined during this process. Detailed instructions will be emailed following registration.
- Personal laptop or computer with the capability to download software (a ProctorU Browser Extension)
- A personal laptop or computer with a single monitor (computers with 2 or more monitors aren’t permitted)
- Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Functioning microphone, speaker and camera (headset mics aren’t permitted)
- High-speed internet—a connection failure or interruption will interfere with your exam
- Do not connect through a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Number of Attempts
If you fail your RIBO 1 exam, you’re eligible to rewrite a second time by following the standard registration process. After two failed attempts, you’re ineligible to rewrite your exam for 8 months following your second attempt.
Permissible Tools to Use During Exam:
- Four Function Calculator (on the computer)
For more information on the RIBO Examination Rules, please visit here.
Sign in using your IBAO Member ID. If you don’t have a Member ID, ask your hiring manager to have you added to their IBAO employee roster or create an account.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know if I’m eligible to write the exam?
Eligibility requirements are listed on each exam page.
What does my exam fee cover?
Your exam fee covers the development, coordination and administration of the exam. There’s a separate licensing fee to obtain your license, which is coordinated by RIBO. This license will authorize you to sell insurance in Ontario.
Does the exam fee cover a rewrite or second attempt?
No—there are no discounted fees for rewrites. A fee of $250 is required for every exam attempt.
How long will it take to get my results?
Typically it’s a 2–week turnaround for exams to be marked and results communicated. For confidentiality reasons, exam results will only be released to the individual who wrote the exam.
I have a complaint about the exam process—who can I send it to?
Please send your comments to email@example.com.